Websites, software and apps make our day run smoother and easier. Every time a new piece of technology emerges we hate to adopt it even though we agree that the chances are we will benefit from it greatly. Several software developers and entrepreneurs have told me that convincing an attorney to use a new technology is a nightmare, even when the attorney recognizes the great benefits that come with the change.
Whether you like software or change for that matter, here is our list of apps and website we think you should start using.
Clio offers all you need to run a law practice from intake to invoice, with powerful tools to manage cases, clients, documents, bills, calendars, time tracking, reporting, and accounting.
- Industry-leading billing for law firms
- Advanced document management
- Integrate with your most used apps
MyCase is an all-in-one, affordable and intuitive legal practice management software designed for the modern law firm. Give your firm the advantage of the best law firm management software solution – get organized with contacts, calendars, cases, documents, time tracking, and billing. MyCase law firm management software also includes an integrated client portal so everyone stays informed and connected.
- Organize your law firm management: spend less time pushing paper and more time practicing law
- Increased mobility: work from anywhere
- Create time entries on-the-go and never miss a billable minute
- Secure Client Communication
- QuickBooks Integration
AppearMe is a web-based and mobile software that helps you find appearance attorneys in real time. Once you create a case, hundreds of appearance attorneys get a chance to appear for you. Our state of the art, safe and simple system will save you time and money.
There are no cancellation fees and other hidden charges.
AppearMe makes it easier for both attorneys of record and appearance attorneys to connect. Seamlessly create cases and assign your court appearances to skilled, licensed appearance attorneys. If you are an attorney, you can increase your revenue and make a more productive day in court by making appearances whenever you have some free time. AppearMe is an easy-to-use, intuitive and useful tool for making attorney’s life easier.
For attorneys of record:
- Delegate work to others: enhance your own productivity
- Find reliable appearance attorneys when faced with strict deadlines
- Spend more time on core problems that require your presence
- Find an appearance attorney on-demand for your hearing whether a month or an hour before the hearing
- Be assured that a licensed attorney is going to represent you in court
For appearance attorneys:
- Earn money on the go
- Gather a portfolio of cases in different courthouses
- Nail time management by making appearances in your spare time
HoudiniEsq is a legal case management platform developed and dedicated for small firms and enterprise. The software can run both on the cloud or on-premise, providing users with a deployment option that suits their needs. It also offers an extensive set of features and capabilities, including time and expense tracking, billing and invoicing, case management, client management, and more.
With HoudiniEsq, your legal staff no longer have to worry about spending tons of time doing business-related functions such as organizing documents, setting schedules and appointments, marking calendars for hearings, etc. The software delivers a platform that handles everything on the business side of legal practice so you and the rest of your law firm can concentrate on providing the best legal service to your clients.
- Track Time, Trust, Expenses and Case Budgets
- Billing, Invoicing (Custom Invoices), Statements
- Document Management (includes full text indexed)
- Email Mgmt (full text indexed + attachments)
- Client Management
- Staff & Security Management
Dropbox is a creative collaboration space designed to reduce busywork, bring your files together in one central place, and safely sync them across all your devices—so you can access them anytime, anywhere. And sending large files is easy, even to people who don’t have a Dropbox account. Features like the doc scanner, shared folders, offline access, and more, make collaborating with others’ simple.
Get secure and easy cloud storage with Dropbox Business!
- Back up any file or folder
- Access your files from multiple devices
- Protect your data
- Recover your files
- Get the right amount of space for you
Asana is a task and project management solution that facilitates team collaboration and communication. Use Asana to create projects, and then to create tasks within these projects. Add your teammates to tasks and projects, add them as task followers, share projects with them or mention them in task comments to keep everyone in the loop. Asana is the easiest way for teams to track their work – and get results!
- Create tasks, to-dos, reminders, and requests from anywhere in the app (or from your home screen, with the widget)
- Create projects to organize your tasks as lists or boards
- Add due dates, assignees, followers, details, and files to your tasks, comment on tasks from anywhere
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
- Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
- Message or call any person or group within your team
- Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
- Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
- Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
- Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Save time and manage all your social media in one place. Buffer is a simpler way to schedule posts and track the performance of your content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+. No more wasting time, no more logging into multiple social accounts. Any link, text, picture or video – just add it to Buffer and you can quickly choose when and where it’ll be posted.
- Share to multiple Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+ accounts from one place
- Maintain a consistent presence on social media, so you can build your following and influence
- Get easy-to-read analytics for every update you share
- Schedule your posts automatically so you never have to worry about setting a time and date, or customize the timing of individual posts. Scheduling has never been easier or more flexible
- Share from all of your apps. Including scheduling native retweets from most Twitter apps
- Never run out of amazing content with Instagram Reposting
- Get world class support from your friends at Buffer
Fastcase provides industry-leading tools to make legal research easier and more intuitive. Lawyers, law firms, and bar associations across the country trust Fastcase to provide them with comprehensive access to the law through an innovative and award-winning platform. We help forward-thinking lawyers navigate the law faster and smarter, to democratize legal services.
- Free, searchable library of American cases and statutes
- Keyword (Boolean), natural language, and citation search
- Customizable, sortable search results
- Search results automatically display number of citing cases
- Integrated research history
- Save favorite documents for use later
- Synchronize with Fastcase desktop applications using Mobile Sync