- Best Buy Alleged Overtime Wage Violations: Is this a Potential Class Action?
- Can Children Sue You for Putting Baby Photos on Facebook?
- Woman Sues Starbucks for $5M Over Too Much Ice in Its Drinks
- Lyft Settlement rejected by Judge Chhabria
- RackSpace Hosting – Class Action Investigation
- Nexus 5 WiFi Problem Investigation
- How to Lemon a Car
- Ashley Madison Hack Leads to a $578 Million Class Action Lawsuit
- Touch Of Modern Being Sued for SPAM
- Do You Trust Doctors More Than Lawyers? Here’s Why You Shouldn’t
Main Types of Personal Injury Cases (part 2)
In our previous article we discussed three of the main types of personal injury cases. In this article we are going to introduce you to another three of those cases. Thus, today you will learn about the so called Asbestos cases, Defective medicines and Workplace injuries.
Asbestos cases are those cases in which people suffer from exposure to asbestos. This develops a type of cancer known as Mesothelioma. Usually, people breathe the particles of asbestos unknowingly during their jobs in certain places. If the company is aware about this and still conceals this information from their employees, then the employees may file a lawsuit against the company to collect damages.
Asbestos cases usually have a statute of limitations in them, so there is a need for the harmed people to turn to a skilled personal injury lawyer for legal assistance.
This is one of the personal injury cases in which a person may collect damages if he/she has used medicines that harmed him/her. If there were any side effects or any other harmful conditions as a result of taking the medicine, then the manufacturer should be held responsible for that, especially if it has failed to inform the buyers about those effects.
If an employee gets harmed in his/her workplace, then he/she may collect damages under a type of personal injury cases called “workplace injuries.” Slip and fall cases or illnesses that have been caused by the workplace environment are some examples of workplace injuries.
The employer should take care that the workplace environment is safe for the employees’ health and that the employees are not stressed with high pressure working conditions or other circumstances.
Those are the main types of personal injury cases. If you think you have been involved in one of them, contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.